2012 Custom Deck Stand

Back in 2008 I wrote an article on an idea for a new deck stand. After a few years of not needing one as I migrated to a midi based solution that fitted on my desk, I added a few more bits of kit and ran out of space. So about mid 2012, I ended up with 3 days free in my schedule with no family or work and decided to build a new platform. I designed a fresh platform from scratch but used the same MDF sheet approach to keep costs down.

The plans are here: (visio)

ElevationsCuts 1Cuts 2Sections

 

The build process ended up requiring me to invest in far more tools than I actually owned, so it cost way more than anticipated, but it was worth it. The build process can be viewed below:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *